Airtel Nigeria application portal (Head, Internal Audit)
Airtel Nigeria Application Website (a gradual step and all you need to know)
Airtel Nigeria application portal, Start Application. One of the Nigerian top communication companies is currently accepting applications from interested applicants.
Here we will be listing some of the basic requirements plus the steps to begin the application including the link to airtel’s Head, Internal Audit applications.
Read Also: SON Recruitment 2022/2023 (follow these steps to be a successful applicant)
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
What are my duties as a Head, Internal Audit?
You will be in charge of improving the overall status of internal control and governance standards in Smart Cash PSB as a candidate for the positions mentioned above.
Assure senior management, the board, and the audit committee that established procedures are being followed and that major risks are being minimized.
Improve the Internal Control Environment through active engagement with Senior Management and Management:
- Conduct periodic meetings with Functional Chiefs, COO, CEO and other stakeholders to address the key audit issues and monitor the implementation status of management’s action plans.
- Review control mitigation plans of functions and ensure adequate and prioritized management attention on remediating known issues and preventing recurrences.
- Ensure that audit issues are well understood by all levels of management and staff and that learning on fraud and control issues are shared amongst relevant stakeholders to prevent recurrences.
- Ensure partners have established plans to drive the priorities of the internal audit activity, consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Implement a system of tracking key project activities that impact on the delivery of the audit plan.
- Implement a system of capturing and tracking audit issues per timelines agreed with respective functional heads/ chiefs, flagging and escalation of delays in the implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Conduct regular reviews of the audit work done by outsourced audit partners to validate the quality of audit work and reporting.
- Identify any necessary changes to the audit methodology and ensure implementation in a timely manner.
- Ensure quantification of losses/impact arising from lack of / ineffective controls.
Partner Management and Communication:
- Provide continuous feedback to partners (internal audit service providers) on the quality of audit work and deployment of resources.
- Ensure training of partner staff in order that they are able to deliver the best quality
- Provide proposals for improvement and support the implementation of changes.
- Ensure there is a clear line of communication between the partner and Smart Cash PSB to facilitate issue resolution in an effective and timely manner.
- Continuous communication with the teams during the period of the engagement.
- Maintain a calendar for the board audit committee meetings.
- Consolidate information for reporting to the board on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate receipt and dispatch of all necessary documentation and communication.
- Ensure all levels of review prior to dispatch of board papers.
- Flash reporting for significant issues noted in ongoing reviews.
- Prepare all reports required for presentation to Smart Cash Senior Management.
- Periodically report on the implementation of improvement opportunities noted in reviews.
Support / Drive Enterprise Risk management:
- Ensure ongoing dialogue with stakeholders and internally within the team to identify potential risks to ensure identification, assessment, and development of mitigation plans for key risks.
- Identify good business practices and ensure these are shared with management for implementation.
- Drive programs that promote risk and control awareness across the company.
- Keep abreast of regional and international trends and identify new and emerging risks in the business and/or industry.
- Provide guidance to other functions on risk management and compliance.
- Continuous development of staff (including partner staff).
- Ensure ongoing reassessment of skill sets required and supplement through recruitment or outsourcing.
- Drive initiatives to address employee concerns (if any).
- Ensure adequate progress on staff training & development, leveraging on resources from internal, as well as external service providers.
Qualification & Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Recognized professional Accounting certification such as ACCA, ACA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the financial management/accounting function, 5 of which must be in a senior position within the audit function.
The Airtel Nigeria application portal is now open for registration Click Here to start the application.